top of page

Post-Decree Enforcement and Modifications

While the vast majority of divorced parties do not have any further contact with the courts, situations do arise when your ex-spouse (in divorce matters) or other parent of your child (in parentage cases) refuses to comply with the final judgment from your original litigation.  In addition, circumstances may change after your final judgment where alterations need to be made to the final order, relating to the parenting time or decision-making regarding your children or purely financial matters.

In these circumstances you need the guidance of Bennett Law to walk you through the process of post-decree litigation and modifications – it is not a process that you should undertake on your own.  While it is never a goal to have to retain an attorney after you’ve already been through the divorce or parentage process once, in matters that involve your children or protecting your assets it’s simply not worth the risk to try to go it alone.  

At Bennett Law we provide a straightforward, no-nonsense approach to enforcement and modification litigation – even if that means giving difficult or unpopular advice to our clients. Because our responsibility is not to just tell you what you want to hear, it’s to provide sound and strategic legal advice to put you in the best possible position to succeed.

bottom of page